Spaghetti Tomato Sauce Ingredients
- Tomatoes 300 grams
- Tomato paste 2 teaspoons
- Onion 1 piece (large)
- Garlic 1 clove
- Olive oil 3-4 tablespoons
- Basil (dried) to taste
- Oregano (dried) to taste
- Marjoram (dried) to taste
- Rosemary (dried) to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredients: Onion, Tomato, Garlic
- Serving 2 servings
- World CuisineItalian Cuisine
Kitchen knife, cutting board, paper kitchen towels, kettle, stove, deep bowl - 2 pieces, slotted spoon, frying pan, wooden kitchen spatula, plate.
Making spaghetti tomato sauce:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First of all, we put on the stove a full kettle of ordinary running water and bring the liquid to a boil. In the meantime, peel the onions and garlic. We wash them with tomatoes, dry with paper kitchen towels and continue preparation. On each tomato we make a cross-shaped incision from the side of the stalk, put them in a deep bowl, pour boiling water and leave it for 1-2 minutes. Then, using a slotted spoon, we transfer them to a bowl of ice water and completely cool. Then we dry, remove the peel from the tomatoes, put the pulp on a cutting board and chop it in small slices of 1 centimeter in size.
We chop the remaining vegetables into cubes: medium onions to 1, 5 centimeters, and small garlic to 5 millimeters. After that, put other necessary ingredients on the kitchen table and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare the tomato sauce for spaghetti.
We put on the stove a deep, preferably non-stick pan and pour the right amount of olive oil into it. After a few minutes, pour the chopped onion there and fry until soft, occasionally stirring with a wooden kitchen spatula. It will take about 2-3 minutes.
Then we send garlic to it and cook them together 2 minutes.
After that, we put the chopped tomatoes into the pan and season them with salt, as well as tomato paste. As soon as they let the juice and boil, simmer the vegetables over medium heat 15 minutesstirring often.
Then we add dried basil, oregano, marjoram, rosemary and ground black pepper to taste. Reduce the heat to the minimum, mix everything again, cover with a lid and prepare the sauce for 40-45 minutes until the complete evaporation of moisture or thickening.
Next, turn off the stove and let the aromatic mixture infuse for 5-7 minutes.
Step 3: serve the tomato sauce for spaghetti.
Spaghetti tomato sauce after cooking a little insist under a covered lid. Then it is mixed with boiled spaghetti or spread the aromatic vegetable mixture on top of pasta and, if desired, sprinkled with crushed parmesan cheese. Enjoy delicious and easy-to-cook food!
Enjoy your meal!
- if the tomatoes are very acidic, add granulated sugar to the sauce to taste;
- very often the pulp of blanched tomatoes is crushed in a blender to a puree state, stewed together with vegetables for the first 15 minutes without a lid, and then under it, but 30 minutes;
- sometimes 2 minutes before the sauce is completely ready, chopped greens of basil, parsley, dill or cilantro are added to the pan. Also, a little white or red dry wine is poured there, 50 milliliters is quite enough;
- an excellent substitute for olive oil - refined sunflower;
- This sauce is not only suitable for pasta, it is pleasant to relish it with any dishes of meat, poultry, fish or game.